Friday, December 31, 2004

The Visit

The email from Ke'chara reminded me of this loving dream I had a long time ago.

Monday, July 23, 2001 9:21:26 PM
They came suddenly, with no warning whatsoever. But in my being, I knew I had cried to them for help, and they had answered by coming.

They did not visit often. Usually it was the girls who called or came. This time however the two boys came. It was a surprise, a very pleasant surprise. My two favourite boys coming to visit me out of the blue. The surprising thing was that they both came together. They had drifted apart long time ago. They met in college, but no longer share the same views that drew them together and became buddies. It was as though they had agreed that coming together would do me good. And it did. One teased me as he usually did, walking in and out, inspecting my place. The other sat with me and talked to me a little. We didn’t say much. We never needed to before, certainly not now.

He didn’t mention the problem. He just talked things happening in his life, what’s going on. The other also talked of his work and such, never bringing up the painful subject. They both didn’t. I was touched.

Slowly, I noticed him falling asleep on my bed. The other came in, saw that he had slept and walked out again, going to watch TV, I assumed. As I sat there, watching my beloved sleeping gently, I couldn’t help myself but feel grateful and blessed, to have these two men caring so for me. They could never be mine, for they were already spoken for. But for a moment there, I felt a strange sense of possessiveness and called them ‘my boys’ in my mind and heart.

Tired, I laid down on the bed, beside him, drew the blanket around a little, snuggled up and slept, feeling safe.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home